New England Model Horse Collectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New England Model Horse Collectors

An online forum for New England model horse collectors.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kate Dwyer , S. Hamilton, MA

Go down 
+2
shastaharley
KDwyer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KDwyer

Kate Dwyer ,  S. Hamilton,  MA Empty
PostSubject: Kate Dwyer , S. Hamilton, MA   Kate Dwyer ,  S. Hamilton,  MA EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Hello and Happy New Year to all my fellow model horse enthusiasts! I am looking forward to another great year of friends, fun and outstanding Live Show competition!
I have been showing model horses since the late 1970's - when I would cram all my models into a brown paper bags, tie them to the handles of my bannana seat bicycle, and pedal across town to my friend's kitchen floor where a gang of us "horse girls" would canter them around in flat classes and over fences (usually upturned paperback books...) to compete for hand made paper ribbons! I found the growing hobby in the mid 1980's from an ad for The Model Horse Gazette in the back of a real horse magazine. I attended some of the first Live Shows in the future NAMHSA Region X, when they were small enough to be held in someone's living room, Western Performance Championships could be won with a handpainted Breyer plastic saddle, and Overall Champion ribbons were three feet long... I showed off and on through 1998, and then took a break untill about 2003. Now, wild horses couldn't drag me away from the hobby, the people and the enjoyment I get in participating!
My real horse experience is mostly Combined Training (I evented untill 2000, when I decided I could die doing this and wasn't bouncing as well at my age!), Dressage, Show Jumping and, recently, Field Hunting (I thought Eventing was crazy? So I took this up? I MUST have had to many concussions...) Note: It is a DRAG HUNT - no wild furry critters are harmed! I am owned by a 16.3 hh Thoroughbred gelding, Aly, (an Alydar grandson) who is the light of my life, along with his kitty brother, Alea, my rescued cardiomyopathy shelter cat. I pay their bills and fund my model horse exploits by working as a Paramedic in Boston.
I have a very modest Open Performance Live Show string, and compete mainly in Harness and Huntseat/English Divisions. I currently enjoy making all my own harness (and will make sets for other hobbyists as custom orders - just ask!) and was thrilled to win NAN Champion CM Pleasure Harness in 2008! I began Judging at some of our Region X shows last year, and am enjoying that aspect of the hobby as well!
Anyone can feel free to contact me about anything!
Best wishes to all for a great 2010!
Kate
Back to top Go down
shastaharley

shastaharley

PostSubject: Re: Kate Dwyer , S. Hamilton, MA   Kate Dwyer ,  S. Hamilton,  MA EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Kate, my name is Lynn and it is nice to meet you. Will you be attending the winter warm-up show? Sounds like you certainly have plenty of experience to impart to us newbies cheers Isn't this board a great idea! I am sure happy Stacy did this to give us New Englanders a chance to get to know each other better. Hope to meet you in person one of these days. Oh, and I just might be in the market for a harness one of these days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hoppydog

hoppydog

PostSubject: Re: Kate Dwyer , S. Hamilton, MA   Kate Dwyer ,  S. Hamilton,  MA EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi bounce
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~backtobasicsfarm/site/?/home/
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

PostSubject: Re: Kate Dwyer , S. Hamilton, MA   Kate Dwyer ,  S. Hamilton,  MA EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:01 pm

KDwyer wrote:
My real horse experience is mostly Combined Training (I evented untill 2000, when I decided I could die doing this and wasn't bouncing as well at my age!), Dressage, Show Jumping and, recently, Field Hunting (I thought Eventing was crazy? So I took this up? I MUST have had to many concussions...)

LOL!! I was just thinking this "you did cross country and stopped because you weren't bouncing well, so you now fox hunt???" hee hee!!

Good to see you here Kate!
Back to top Go down
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

PostSubject: Re: Kate Dwyer , S. Hamilton, MA   Kate Dwyer ,  S. Hamilton,  MA EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi Kate,

Great to see you here! Also looking forward to another year of showing in good ole Region x!

I hope you will consider holding your show again this year!
Back to top Go down
http://www.intothesunstudio.com
Stacy

Stacy

PostSubject: Re: Kate Dwyer , S. Hamilton, MA   Kate Dwyer ,  S. Hamilton,  MA EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 am

Good to see you here Kate! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kate Dwyer , S. Hamilton, MA   Kate Dwyer ,  S. Hamilton,  MA Empty

Back to top Go down

Kate Dwyer , S. Hamilton, MA
Page 1 of 1